Let’s get one thing out of the way: My house is not pristine. With two busy toddlers, anytime I get one thing crossed off my list another mess is being made. However, I like a tidy house with as little clutter, grime, and germs as possible. So this week’s Friday Favorites is focused on the best cleaning products that make keeping a clean home busy moms like us a little easier.
If you don’t know much about me and my experience with money, here’s the scoop:
- I paid off over $42,000 in student loans in 34 months
- My husband and I saved a bunch of money in our 20s by living frugally
- Which allowed me to leave my job as the breadwinner in our family to become a stay-at-home mom
- We cut tons of expenses in order to live off my husband’s teacher income while I figured out how to make money from home
- Now we enjoy a balance of saving for the future while investing in quality products and experiences that help us enjoy today more!
I’m still fairly frugal and intentional with how I spend my money. So when I say these things were worth spending money on because they made my life as a work-at-home mom of two toddlers easier, you know I’m serious! 🙂
Oh, and I read a TON of reviews before I buy things. So if you don’t want to spend a bunch of time researching, you will love these Friday posts to get my unbiased opinion on what’s really worth your dollars. I’m love the thrill of helping moms save time and money. So here we go…
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure to learn more.
1. iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum
This is “Robo,” our iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum. Pretty much, if Robo can’t clean it, it doesn’t get cleaned. If you watched my videos in my review post Are iRobot Roombas Worth It? you may remember I mentioned I had one rug that was too thick for Robo.
Welp, that rug is gone now simply because Robo can’t clean it! I don’t want to waste anymore time than I have to cleaning! I would much rather be playing with my kids outside, reading them books, or working on my business and helping people.
Robo is the only way our floors ever get cleaned. Seriously, I heart him. And if he ever dies, I will replace him with another.
I love my Roomba because it:
- Cleans like a champ. It picks up all the crumbs, dirt, sand, and dog hair on hardwood, tile, thin rugs and carpet (just not super thick stuff).
- Saves a ton of time! I throw the toys up on the train table and couch and walk away.
- Simplicity. Make sure nothing that’ll get ruined is on the floor. Push the button. Go do something better.
- Toddler Entertainment. When they’re busy watching or chasing the Roomba, they’re not making another mess!
Robo cleaned our dining room, kitchen, and hallway while we were at Story Time and out for a walk this morning. Yesterday, it cleaned the bedrooms while I threw in laundry and played school with the kids. And this afternoon, it cleaned our living room during lunch (then my son chased it with the lawn mower). It’s seriously awesome.
2. Seventh Generation Free & Clear Wipes
These Seventh Generation Free & Clear Wipes are my go-to wipes in our diaper backpack. From sticky fingers to boogery noses, these wipes help keeping us clean on the go.
The Free & Clear Wipes are great because:
- No fragrance, alcohol, or parabens. These are safe for hands and faces even for super sensitive skin, which both my littles one have.
- Thick yet soft. These are strong and big enough to clean up even if your kids get into something really sticky, muddy, or messy.
- Convenient pop up container. The top closes to keep the wipes dry even if you have them in your bag or car for months. Yet it’s small enough to not take up a ton of room.
Keeping hands, faces, minivans, car seats, and strollers clean on the go can be tough with toddlers. These free & clear wipes make the job easier.
3. Fisher Price Froggy Potty Seat
This one isn’t exactly cleaning as much as it’s preventing cleanups from happening. You know how toddlers never need to go potty when you’re in a store but as soon as you get everyone out and buckled into the car, they suddenly need to go right now!?
Well, a friend shared the potty seat in the back of the car trick with me, and I’m forever grateful for the frustration and messes it has saved me. It’s a genius idea and I’ll share this embarrassing photo of mine because if it saves just one mom a bit of frustration with toddlers and going potty, it’s worth it.
Our Portable Potty in the Back of the Van includes:
- Froggy Potty Seat – The Fisher Price Froggy Potty has worked great for us but any potty chair would do
- Hand Sanitizer – The homemade one pictured got a little messy, so I like the new OnGuard Hand Sanitizer Spray I got now better
- Roll of Toilet Paper
- Wipes – The wipes mentioned above are in my purse and diaper bag
- Garbage Can – An empty coffee can does the trick
If you’ve had any bit of frustration with toddlers, potty training, needing to go in the middle of a trip, or you really want to avoid that frustration and accidents in car seats, consider creating a portable bathroom in the back of your vehicle with a travel potty chair. Plus, this potty seat can make a really cute and practical Easter basket idea.
4. Seventh Generation Wood Cleaner
Dusting is probably my least favorite cleaning chore. I put it off as long as I can, but it’s a house chore that has to be done eventually. When I finally cave, this Seventh Generation Wood Cleaner is my top wood cleaning product.
Here’s what I like about this non-toxic wood cleaner:
- Fresh Lemon Chamomile Scent from essential oils — not artificial fragrance.
- Cleans and polishes wood well without leaving a filmy residue.
- Lasts a long time. Or at least mine does. But that might be because I strongly dislike this chore.
- Available on Amazon so you can save some money by having it delivered every few months through Amazon Prime Subscribe & Save.
So if you’re looking for a non-toxic wood cleaner that cleans and polishes the wood in your home without harmful synthetic perfumes or leaving a filmy residue, you might really like the Seventh Generation wood cleaner. I know it makes the dreaded dusting chore just a little easier in my home. I also like Method cleaning products as natural cleaners without all the harmful chemicals.
5. Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm
Ok, so younger Val used to buy all her face washes and soaps from Walmart or Target for about $5. So I can hardly believe I bought this stuff. It is definitely not cheap. But I love finding products that WORK and are NOT HARMFUL to my body. Thanks to this Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm, I actually enjoy washing my face because of how delicious it makes my skin feel and look! (Rachel Hollis, you’d be proud.)
I love the Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm because:
- Soft, smooth skin. This is the first face wash that actually makes my skin feel great! Not dry. Not greasy. But supple and soft. It’s amazing.
- Conventient for travel. Taking just a bit of it while traveling is easy because you can just scoop and put a little in a container. No need to take an entire bottle of face wash when you use a cream like this.
- Good for your skin. Beauty Counter is an amazing brand for those of us looking for non-harmful products to use on our skin. From face wash to make up, I’ve really liked every product I’ve tried.
- You can order online without a consultant. Even though you can order from a consultant, unlike many other direct sales companies, you don’t have to order through a consultant.
I’m not a consultant for Beauty Counter (although maybe I should be). I just genuinely love their products. And this is definitely a top favorite of mine. If it makes cleaning my face enjoyable and it’s good for my skin, I’ll hand over my money. If you’ve been looking for a face wash that’s actually good for your skin and makes it soft and supple, check out Beauty Counter’s Cleansing Balm. If you don’t like it, you can send it to me. 😉
That’s a Wrap! Five Best Cleaning Products for Busy Moms
There you have it.
Do you have any of these things already? Or do you have any questions about these items?
Let me know in the comments below. I’m always happy to chat and help you shop smarter and live happier.
Related Articles You’ll Enjoy:
- I May Be Frugal, But These Things Were Worth The Splurge
- Friday Favorites: 5 Things You Need for Long Road Trips with Toddlers
- Easter Basket Ideas Every Toddler Will Love
- Ibotta Referral Code & Review – An Easy Way to Get $10 and Save Money
- Living Well Planner – Is This Life Planner Worth The Price?