Even though my house is not pristine with two toddlers running around, I still like a tidy house with as little clutter, grime, and germs as possible. So this post is sharing the best natural and non-toxic cleaning products I’ve found that clean well and are safe to have around kids.
The best non-toxic cleaning products for moms with kids are: Force of Nature All Natural Disinfectant Spray, WaterWipes, iRobot Robot Vacuums, Seventh Generation Wood Cleaner, E-cloths, and Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Read the disclosure for more info.
1. Force of Nature All-Purpose Cleaner
🌱🌎The Force of Nature starter kit is a complete kit where you can make your own non-toxic cleaner and disinfectant. It is included in the EPA’s list of approved disinfectants against the cause of COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2)
- Kills 99.99% of germs including Norovirus, Influenza A, MRSA, and more
- Replaces kitchen, bath, glass cleaners, disinfectants & deodorizers by cleaning hard, non-porous surfaces
- Starter Kit includes 5 Activator Capsules, enough to make 5 bottles of cleaner, as well as the Electrolyzer, Power Cord, 12 oz Reusable Spray Bottle, Quick Start Guide, and User Manual
Right Now You Can Get an Extra 20% Off Year Supply Bundles, Plus FREE Shipping with code: NONTOXIC2021
💚Click the button below and use the code: NONTOXIC2021
2. iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum
A Robot Vacuum is the best vacuum to save busy moms time.
Pictured above is “Robo,” our iRobot Roomba Robot Vacuum. Pretty much, if Robo can’t clean it, it doesn’t get cleaned. If you watched my videos in my review post Are iRobot Roombas Worth It? you may remember I mentioned I had one rug that was too thick for Robo.
Well, that rug is gone now simply because Robo can’t clean it. I don’t want to waste anymore time than I have to cleaning! I would much rather be playing with my kids outside, reading them books, or working on my business and helping people.
I love my Roomba because it:
- Cleans like a champ. It picks up all the crumbs, dirt, sand, and dog hair on hardwood, tile, thin rugs and carpet (just not super thick stuff).
- Saves a ton of time! I throw the toys up on the train table and couch and walk away.
- Simplicity. Make sure nothing that’ll get ruined is on the floor. Push the button. Go do something better.
- Toddler Entertainment. When they’re busy watching or chasing the Roomba, they’re not making another mess!
Robo cleaned our dining room, kitchen, and hallway while we were at Story Time and out for a walk this morning. Yesterday, it cleaned the bedrooms while I threw in laundry and played school with the kids. This afternoon, it cleaned our living room during lunch (then my son chased it with the lawn mower). It’s seriously awesome.
If you don’t have the right house for a robot vacuum, a Shark Vacuum with HEPA filter is another vacuum I highly recommend for keeping your home’s floors and air clean. Read Shark vs Dyson Vacuum Review to see why I prefer the Shark!
Water Wipes are made of just two simple ingredients: water and a drop of fruit extract. They are my go-to wipes in our diaper bag, at home, in my purse, and in our vehicles. From sticky fingers to snotty noses, these wipes help to keep us clean at home and on-the-go.
As a health-conscious mom looking for natural cleaning products, it’s important to note these wipes contain no fragrance, alcohol, or parabens, which makes them safe for babies and kids with sensitive skin.
Baby wipes are one of the things I keep on Subscribe & Save to save money and time. See how you can simplify your life with these 7 Easy Things to Automate to Save Money and Time.
4. Seventh Generation Wood Cleaner
Dusting is probably my least favorite cleaning chore. I put it off as long as I can, but it’s a house chore that has to be done eventually. When I finally cave, this Seventh Generation Wood Cleaner is my top wood cleaning product.
Here’s what I like about this non-toxic wood cleaner:
- Fresh Lemon Chamomile Scent from essential oils — not artificial fragrance.
- Cleans and polishes wood well without leaving a filmy residue.
- Lasts a long time. Or at least mine does. But that might be because I strongly dislike this chore.
- Available on Amazon so you can save some money by having it delivered every few months through Amazon Prime Subscribe & Save.
So if you’re looking for a non-toxic wood cleaner that cleans and polishes the wood in your home without harmful synthetic perfumes or leaving a filmy residue, you might really like the Seventh Generation wood cleaner. I know it makes the dreaded dusting chore just a little easier in my home.
5. BeautyCounter Lotus Glow Cleansing Balm
Ok, so younger Val used to buy all her face washes and soaps from Walmart or Target for about $5. So I can hardly believe I bought this stuff. It is definitely not cheap. But I love finding products that WORK and are NOT HARMFUL to my body.
Thanks to this Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm, I actually enjoy washing my face because of how delicious it makes my skin feel and look! The packaging was just updated, but the goods inside are the same!
I love the Beauty Counter Cleansing Balm because:
- Soft, smooth skin. This is the first face wash that actually makes my skin feel great! Not dry. Not greasy. But supple and soft. It’s amazing.
- Convenient for travel. Taking just a bit of it while traveling is easy because you can just scoop and put a little in a container. No need to take an entire bottle of face wash when you use a cream like this.
- Good for your skin. Beauty Counter is an amazing brand for those of us looking for non-harmful products to use on our skin. From face wash to make up, I’ve really liked every product I’ve tried.
- You can order online without a consultant. Even though you can order from a consultant, unlike many other direct sales companies, you don’t have to order through a consultant.
I’m not a consultant for Beauty Counter (although maybe I should be).
I just genuinely love their products. And this is definitely a favorite of mine. If it makes cleaning my face enjoyable and it’s good for my skin, I’ll hand over my money. If you’ve been looking for a face wash that’s actually good for your skin and makes it soft and supple, check out Beauty Counter’s Cleansing Balm. If you don’t like it, you can send it to me. 😉
Honorable Mention: More Natural or Free & Clear Cleaning Products
Since sensitive skin seems to run in our family, we use a lot of all natural or free & clear products on our skin and in our home.
Here are a few more cleaning products we regularly use and recommend:
The next cleaning product on My List to Try is…
E-Cloth Microfiber Cloths
Cleaning with just water? This 8-cloth set has been on my wish list for a while now as these are non-toxic, all natural, and eco-friendly cleaning towels.
If you don’t know much about me and my experience with money, here’s the scoop:
- I paid off over $42,000 in student loans in 34 months
- My husband and I saved a bunch of money in our 20s by living frugally
- Which allowed me to leave my job as the breadwinner in our family to become a stay-at-home mom
- We cut tons of expenses in order to live off my husband’s teacher income while I figured out how to make money from home
- Now we enjoy a balance of saving for the future while investing in quality products and experiences that help us enjoy today more!
I’m still fairly frugal and intentional with how I spend my money. So when I say these things were worth spending money on because they made my life as a work-at-home mom of two toddlers easier, you know I’m serious! 🙂
Oh, and I read a TON of reviews before I buy things. So if you don’t want to spend a bunch of time researching, you will love the Common Cents Club reviews about what’s really worth your dollars. I love the thrill of helping moms save time and money.
That’s a Wrap! Five Best Non-Toxic Cleaning Products for Busy Moms
There you have it.
Do you have any of these things already? Or do you have any questions about these items?
Let me know in the comments below. I’m always happy to chat and help you shop smarter and live happier.
- I May Be Frugal, But These Things Were Worth The Splurge
- 5 Things You Need for Long Road Trips with Toddlers
- Easter Basket Ideas Every Toddler Will Love
- Ibotta Referral Code & Review – An Easy Way to Get $10 and Save Money
- Living Well Planner – Is This Life Planner Worth The Price?