Walking is an incredible habit for your health and wallet, but without the right walking shoes, you might end up with aches and pains. Investing in one of the best walking shoes for women that matches your pronation and arch type will allow you to get the most out of your steps.
The best walking sneakers for women are:
- have arch support
- will last
- fit in your budget
Like me, you might be amazed at how much better your feet, knees and lower back feel after walking or running.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase through one of these links.
Fast Results: Our Picks for the Best Walking Shoes for Women
Short on time? If you don’t want to read the entire review about how to pick the best walking shoes, here is a speedy glance at nine of the most-loved women’s walking shoes!
|Top||Brooks Womens Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoe - Navy/Aqua/Tan - B - 11.0||Check Price|
|Saucony Women's Omni ISO 2 Running Shoe, Slate/Pink, 9.5 M US||Check Price|
|Saucony Women's ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoe,White/Silver,9 B(M) US (10109-1)||Check Price|
|ASICS Women's Gel-Venture 7 Running Shoes, 9M, Black/Silver||Check Price|
|Ryka Women's Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe, Black/Purple, 7.5 M US||Check Price|
|new balance Women's 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer, White/Light Blue, 8.5 B US||Check Price|
|Brooks Womens Launch 6 Running Shoe - Aster/Fig/Gold - B - 9.0||Check Price|
|ASICS Women's Roadhawk FF Running Shoe - Color: Dark Grey/Silver/Glacier Sea (Regular Width) - Size: 6||Check Price|
|ASICS Women's Metrolyte-W Walking Shoe, Diva Pink/Onyx/Black, 6.5 M US||Buy Right Now|
|New Balance Women's WW411v2 Walking Shoe, White, 7 W US||Buy Right Now|
|New Balance Women's WT410v5 Cushioning Trail Running Shoe, Black, 7 D US||Buy Right Now|
|Skechers Women's GO Walk 5-Honor Sneaker, Gray, 8.5 M US||Check Price|
Keep reading for a slower stroll through all 12 of the best walking shoes and more details about each pair.
Best Walking Shoes for Women
Now you’re ready for the fun part: finding stylish and comfortable walking shoes.
1. Brooks Adrenaline GTS 19 Running Shoes
TOP PICK! I’ve had 2 pairs and use them for daily walking and running. They last a long time and provide great arch support.
- best walking shoes for overpronation and injury-prone runners because of the great arch support in this Brooks support shoe
- comfortable, soft cushioning, and inserts can be replaced with custom orthotics if needed
- fifteen trendy color choices, both fun and neutral colors
- 4.6 out of 5 stars from over 1,815 reviews
2. Saucony Omni ISO 2 Running Shoes
- another great pair of stability walking shoes
- arch support for moderate-to-severe overpronation plus PWRFOAM for comfortable shock absorption
- four stylish color choices
- 4.7 out of 5 stars from over 48 reviews
3. Saucony Women’s ProGrid Integrity ST2 Walking Shoes
- another one of the best walking shoes by Saucony made from 100% leather
- some arch support but made ideally for neutral walkers
- three classic color choices: white, black, stone
- 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 2,774 reviews
4. ASICS Gel Venture 6 Running Shoes
- neutral walking shoes for women made with durable rubber great for trails
- rearfoot and forefoot GEL technology provides great shock absorption and superior comfort
- 30 stylish color choices, something for everyone
- 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 5,915 reviews
5. Ryka Devotion Plus 2 Walking Shoe
- designed walking shoes for women’s unique foot shape and build
- breathable, lightweight, and comfortable shoes out of the box
- 11 trendy sneaker colors
- 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 2,170 reviews
6. New Balance 608v5 Casual Comfort Cross Trainer Shoes
- while most walking shoes are made from synthetic material, these classics are made from 100% leather
- heel pad, slip-resistant outsole, comfortable for all-day wear
- five classic color choices
- 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 1,054 reviews
7. Brooks Launch 6 Shoes
- one of the best walking shoes for women looking for comfort
- lightweight, neutral shoes with a springy underfoot feel
- 17 stylish color choices
- 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 307 reviews
8. ASICS Roadhawk FF 2 Running Shoes
- comfortable walking shoes for underpronation and neutral walkers
- seamless design, FlyteFoam Propel technology for ultimate comfort and bounce in your step
- 11 trendy sneaker designs
- 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 109 reviews
9. ASICS Metrolyte Walking Shoes
- comfortable women’s walking shoes for travel and running errands
- moisture-wicking memory foam sock liner provides comfort and cushioning
- two color choices
- 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 44 reviews
10. New Balance WW411v2 Walking Shoes
- good budget-friendly walking shoes for women
- made from a combination of suede and mesh with removable inserts that can be replaced with orthotics for more arch support
- four classic color choices: grey, white, black, white/pink
- 4.4 out of 5 stars from over 1,440 reviews
11. New Balance WT410v5 Cushioning Trail Shoes
- one of the best women’s walking shoes for trails or concrete
- lightweight, comfortable, and don’t require breaking in
- ten stylish sneaker color options
- 4.3 out of 5 stars from over 1,353 reviews
12. Sketchers Go Walk 5-Honor Slip-On Sneaker
- best slip-on walking shoe for travel
- lightweight, comfortable, breathable, and easy to put on
- comes in three neutral colors
- 4.5 out of 5 stars from over 130 reviews
How to Find the Best Walking Shoes for You
In order to keep up with your habit, you’ll want to find the most comfortable walking shoes for your feet. Whether you have flat feet or high arches, need support or cushioning, and whether you under or overpronate have an effect on which walking shoes are best.
Good walking shoes should provide arch support, shock absorption, and cushioning.
1. Know Your Foot Type
If you’ve had pain during or after walking or running in the past, there’s a good chance you’re not wearing the right fitness sneakers for your foot type.
Yes, shoes are designed differently and you’ll feel the best when you buy the right kind for your foot type.
- Arch Type: Determine if you have Normal, Flat, or High Arches with this simple test
- Pronation Type: Determine if your foot strike is Neutral, Under, or Overpronation based on the wear of your old shoes
- Shoe Type: Find Stability, Motion Control, or Cushioning Shoes to best support your feet needs
2. Consider Sizing Up
This can make the shoes that fit you perfectly in the store feel tight and lead to problems like blisters. Make sure there is space at the end of your big toe and that the toe box is wide enough for all your toes to wiggle.
3. Walk Around in the Shoes Later in the Day
The best test to find the most comfortable walking shoes is to walk around in them. Whether you’re at home or in the store, hopping on a treadmill is a great way to test how the shoes fit while walking.
Since feet tend to swell during the day, testing your shoes in the latter part of the day will help you get the most accurate fit.
4. Get Orthotics If You Need Them
Many people benefit from the support of orthotics to redistribute weight evenly across your feet. Custom foot orthotics provide the best support, so if your health insurance covers those, that’s the best way to go.
However, it can be expensive if your insurance does not cover custom orthotics. Instead of wasting money on the flimsy drugstore ones that are soft but not supportive, a quality pair of insoles like these and supportive walking shoes are your best bet.
6. Choose a Stylish Pair
Don’t choose a pair of walking shoes just because they’re supportive. If they’re ugly as sin, you won’t want to put them on!
There are plenty of walking tennis shoes that are both comfortable and cute. You’ll be more motivated to lace-up sneakers that look great and match your workout outfit.
Enjoy Your New Walking Shoes & Start Walking
The right shoes will be comfortable, provide the right support for your arch and pronation, and look cool too.
After you pick the best walking shoes for your feet, all that’s left is to lace them up and start walking!
It truly wakes my brain up more than coffee ever has, and that’s why I added it to the list of Best Self-Help Books for Women. You can enjoy those books while walking in your new sneakers!
Save This List of Best Women’s Walking Shoes for Later
Keep this list handy by saving it to Pinterest, so you always know which walking shoes are best for your feet.
What are your favorite women’s walking shoes? If there’s a pair that didn’t make this list, please share below!