If you have a small business, you might be looking for a business credit card that meets your needs.
There are many to choose from, but for many of us, the Chase Ink Business Unlimited is a great choice.
In this Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Review, you will learn:
- What is the Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card?
- What’s the difference: Chase Ink Business Cash vs Unlimited Card
- How to apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- How long does it take to get approved
- How to refer Chase Business Ink Unlimited to others
- What’s the required credit score
- What’s the minimum to redeem cash back
Let’s dive in!
This post contains referral links from our partners. If you take action through one of the referral links, I may receive compensation. All opinions are my own.
Chase has three business credit cards:
- Chase Ink Business Unlimited
- Chase Ink Business Cash
- Chase Ink Business Preferred
This is a review of the Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card. So first things first, what is the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card?
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Review
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Pros:
- 1.5% cash back on all purchases
- No limit to how much you can earn
- Generous sign on bonus of $500 cash for spending $3,000 in the first 3 months
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for 12 months (then 14.74-20.74% Variable APR)
- Visa signature business benefits (shopping & travel protections)
- Special bonus categories with higher cash back percentages each month
- Employee cards at no extra cost with the option to set spending limits
- Zero liability for unauthorized charges
Chase Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card Cons:
- Some cards have higher cash back earnings in certain categories
- 3% foreign transaction fee (not ideal for frequent international travels)
If all those pros outweigh the cons for you, the Chase Ink Unlimited business card is definitely one to consider adding to your wallet to start earning easy cash back.
See if you qualify by clicking the Apply Now button.
Chase Ink Business Cash vs Unlimited
If you’re looking for a business card with good cash back rewards and no annual fee, you’ll quickly rule out the Chase Ink Business Preferred card, as it is better for travel rewards and comes with a $95 annual fee.
So how does the Ink Business Cash compare to Ink Business Unlimited?
The impressive sign-on bonus, no annual fee, APR rates, foreign transaction fee, and how you can redeem your cash back rewards are the same on both credit cards. The difference is in the cash back model.
Chase Ink Business Cash has higher cash back percentages in select categories.
- 5% cash back at Office Supply Stores (on the first $25,000 spent each year)
- 5% cash back for Internet, Cable, and Phone Service (on the first $25,000 spent each year)
- 2% cash back at Gas Stations & Restaurants (on the first $25,000 spent each year)
- 1% cash back on everything else
The Chase Business Unlimited has a simpler cash back system, with a higher cash back percentage on all expenses:
- 1.5% cash back on everything — with no limit to how much you can earn
- Bonus categories with higher cashback percentage (e.g., at the time of writing, there is 10% back at Staples, 5% back at Airbnb, 10% cash back at Starbucks, $35 back at DirectTV, and a few more)
When deciding between the Cash and Unlimited Chase cards, your real decision is which cash back model you prefer for your business expenses:
- Do you want the higher cash back percentage for every business expense and no limit that comes with Ink Business Unlimited (1.5% versus 1%)?
- Or, do you want higher cash back percentage on select categories, limited to the first $25,000 spent per year that comes with the Ink Business Cash?
How to Apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited
You can apply for the Ink Business Unlimited credit card even if you’re a sole proprietor, freelancer, sell on eBay, or have some other side hustle. You can apply with an Employee Identification Number if you have one, or if you don’t, you can use your Social Security Number to apply on Chase’s secure website.
Be honest about what type of business you run and use the credit card for business expenses. If you use an accounting software like Freshbooks, you will be able to connect your credit card so all purchases are automatically recorded on your bookkeeping software.
How Long Does It Take for Chase Ink Business Unlimited to Get Approved?
Approval for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited can happen immediately or take up to 30 days. More than likely, you will receive a response within 7-10 business days.
How to Refer Chase Business Ink Unlimited
Once you are approved for a Chase Ink Business Unlimited card, you can earn bonus points by referring the card to others.
Inside your Chase account, you’ll see where you can “Invite business owners.”
What’s the Required Credit Score for Chase Ink Business Unlimited
Good to excellent credit scores are needed to qualify for the Chase Ink Business Unlimited. While some say a minimum credit score of 700 is required, it’s been reported that a 688 credit score has been approved.
Check your credit score for free if you don’t know what your score is these days (no credit card required and this check won’t impact your score).
If you know you need to work on improving your credit score, Experian shares good tips to raise it.
What’s the Minimum to Redeem Cash Back
You can redeem your points at any time for cash, gift cards, travel, or products and services made available through the program.
Furthermore, you do not lose your points as long as your account remains open. If your account status changes or your account is closed for fraudulent or misuse reasons described in the Rewards Program Agreement, you will immediately lose your points.
Apply for Chase Ink Business Unlimited Card Now
Ready for all the benefits of using a small business credit card?
Apply to see if you can enjoy the benefits of the Chase Ink Business Unlimited credit card. The button below takes you directly to Chase’s secure website.